Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Checking In

OK, it's been a while since I've written. But, there have been a few key things going on that I need to report.

First of all, as soon as I recovered from the flu, I fell down the steps of my house and hurt my shoulder. Yup... I'm like an old guy that falls at home and breaks his hip. I was carrying some clothes down the steps while wearing socks and when I got near the bottom... WHOOPS... BAM! I kind of saved myself by holding on to the wall but it made my arm get bent awkward and I strained my left shoulder. So, I had to lay off the weight lifting and swimming for a a few days.

Secondly, I really have started my training regimen. On the 11th, I got on a regular schedule and I have done *something* every day since except on the 20th. I've even been outdoors on the bike twice since then. And, Sunday is looking like good weather so I'm going to try and get a couple of hours in.

I ordered my nutrition for the next couple of months. I get my stuff from GotBody and it was promptly delivered about a week later. Three jugs of Accelerade (Fruit Punch), a jug of Endurox (Fruit Punch), two bottles Plain Hammer Gel (already have two on hand), three cases of Clif bars (Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Crunch) and various other stuff. I'm set for a couple months at least.



Lastly, Willie had his surgery. He suffered from something called Compartment Syndrome and had to have outpatient surgery. He was in a soft cast for a couple of days but is now just in bandages. However, he can't swim, bike or run and has to take a couple of weeks off at a minimum. His leg looks pretty gnarly. But, perhaps by April, he'll be back in the saddle. I'll keep you posted.




No comments: