Over Memorial Day weekend, I attended Chad and KDOG's wedding up in Massachusetts. Other DC Tri Club members were in attendance and everyone brought their bikes, of course. We rode on Friday and Saturday through the Berkshires. Lots of climbing over hills that never seemed to end. I got in 45 miles on Friday and 44 on Saturday. I gained some good confidence through the rolling hills and long, steep climbs. We stayed at a place called Bucksteep Manor which was at the top of Washington Mountain Road. I am certain that though Ironman Florida is a flat course, this training will be good for me as it is helping make my legs stronger. I felt a lot of power when I was on the flat road around Hains Point yesterday morning.
Here are some facts about me:
- I did my first Ironman after my 40th birthday and am now a five time Ironman.
- I have worked in one way or another with the Internet since 1993.
- I once ran for political office.
- I have been president of my citizens association and my local chamber of commerce.
- I have a 17 year old daughter
- I'm a Mac evangelist
- The first time I was in a bar... I was in the band.