I have to get a light. Sunrise isn't until about 6:30 am now and if you're getting in a long run before work, you'll be running in the dark without a light. To top it off, I'm running with glasses as I am not wearing my contact lenses yet. So, it's dark, my glasses are foggy, and I don't see too good right now to begin with. I'm like Mr. Magoo out there.
Ran solo this morning as my Wednesday running buddy caught a cold. She said she was kissing strange guys again. Thank God for the iPod. My Shuffle has been on the fritz lately but I revived it last night and wore it on today's run. I ran silent for about 20 minutes but kicked out the jams for the balance of the run. Got in 12 miles in 107 minutes. Average HR was 141 which is still a little high.
Back in 2006 when I was training for IMFL, I used to run with Chad and KDOG. We were like a little train because Chad had a BIG LIGHT and we would just follow him in single file. I have a little bike light I can use and we'll see how it works out on next week's long run. 14 miles next week.
Here are some facts about me:
- I did my first Ironman after my 40th birthday and am now a five time Ironman.
- I have worked in one way or another with the Internet since 1993.
- I once ran for political office.
- I have been president of my citizens association and my local chamber of commerce.
- I have a 17 year old daughter
- I'm a Mac evangelist
- The first time I was in a bar... I was in the band.