Saturday, December 22, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

Well, I actually rode a bike outdoors yesterday. I did a quick 15 mile ride on the new Cervelo. I can already tell that if I attain the same bike fitness that I had the last 4 triathlon seasons, that I will drop time off my bike splits. My previous rig had 650s on it and the P2C has 700s. It is definitely lighter and it feels like I'm riding on a feather. My aero bars still don't fit right and I am considering getting carbon aero bars. I go back to Conte's tomorrow for a professional bike fitting. I'll talk it over with Greg at the store. I still don't know how to work my bike computer and I don't even know how to take it off the bike. I guess I ought to read the manual.

I got a Quintana Roo Tequilo out of the deal at Conte's. It is ready for pick up and I am going to head over there today to grab it. I am considering keeping it as my "beater" bike so I don't have to risk the Cervelo on day-to-day training rides. However, I may try to trade it for a road bike or sell it and buy a road bike.

No comments: