I picked up the QR yesterday. After doing some research, I figured out that it is the 2002 model of the Quintana Roo Tequilo. It has Shimano 105 on the front derailleur and Ultegra on the rear. Aluminum frame with carbon fork and carbon aero bars, too. This bike is a 61 so it is a little big, but I'm a big guy.
I'm really leaning towards keeping this and NOT getting a road bike. I can ride the Cervelo on long training rides or rides in good weather and I can use the QR for mid-week sessions or anything in bad weather or high traffic. Any feedback would be appreciated.
It provides me with backup but also helps me conserve the Cervelo.
The old QR, the USA Special Edition, is dead. When the guys at Conte's took the saddle off, the seat post and the frame cracked. The frame was already rusted. I had them take the crank off, too, and put it on the Tequilo. So, I have salvaged what I could and I'll leave the rest in the trash. RIP, USA Special Edition... you served me well. But, it is time to move on.
Here are some facts about me:
- I did my first Ironman after my 40th birthday and am now a five time Ironman.
- I have worked in one way or another with the Internet since 1993.
- I once ran for political office.
- I have been president of my citizens association and my local chamber of commerce.
- I have a 17 year old daughter
- I'm a Mac evangelist
- The first time I was in a bar... I was in the band.