Sunday, December 9, 2007

Out of the Mouth of Babes...

comes great wisdom. Yesterday morning (a Saturday), I took my 10 year old daughter Jessica Rose to Starbucks. We were out of coffee and she was hungry. So, I order her a chocolate donut and a drink and I get a low fat, turkey bacon breakfast sandwich and a cup of coffee - Breakfast Blend... black. While they are making the sandwich, Jessica has her donut. I was hungry too, and wanted to "warm up my mouth" before taking a sip of coffee. I asked JR for a bite of her donut. Without flinching, she flatly stated, "No, you're on that crazy diet." Oh yeah. I had momentarily forgotten. She was right.

This was a lesson, thought quite small, of how much of a team effort this enterprise I am undertaking will be. And, quite frankly, it is a microcosm of how a team effort is required throughout our lives. We can't do it alone. Sometimes, the only thing between us and whatever it is that is a challenge... will be the words of a 10 year old.

No comments: