Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Off Day? There are no Off Days in Ironman Training!

Well, there was today. And, a good thing too as according to the calendar, I have not had a truly off day since Thursday, July 17. And, I was definitely shelled after the last couple of weeks... even with the NJ Tri taper. Today, I didn't do anything. No swimming, biking or running. No weight lifting. I slept for 10 hours last night.

This weekend is a go for the Savage Training Weekend. I'm heading up Thursday night and then we'll have at least three hard days of training. So, I need to re-charge the batteries.

But, these workouts don't let up... I am doing a twelve mile run tomorrow morning. And, I have got to start finding time to get in the pool on a regular basis. My swimming has been way to inconsistent.

No comments: