Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Longest Run

Well, that was nice. Just finished a 17.5 mile run in 2:43... average HR of 128. I got a late start because I couldn't find the chest strap of my HRM. When I finally got out the door, it was already 5:15 am. For the first hour, I only saw two other people on the trail and they were walking their dogs. I met up with CB on my side of the Beltway. It stayed dark for another half hour. We didn't push the pace but it was constant. But, this was it... next week... 10 or 12 miles only and then that'll be it until Ironman.

I managed to swim after work yesterday, too. I swam at the LA Fitness pool, as a last resort. I couldn't get up early for the YMCA swim and tried to break away at lunch but couldn't make it happen. I swam for 32 minutes without a stop, so I felt good about that. However, I really don't like that pool and was there only because I didn't have another choice.

Tomorrow, I'm going to do a little bike ride but it is now official.... I am starting my taper.

4 comments:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Thats an awesome run, especially keeping your HR down that low. You are ready. Just get through the swim and you can do the rest.

Terri & TJ said...

Thanks for your encouragement.

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Enjoy your taper!

I hope to go back to Ironman Florida in the future, though I'll probably have to go down the year before to volunteer in order to register.

I hope it's a perfect day for racing.

Kirsten and Chad said...

Taper schmaper...I mean who are we going to ride with now? We have 4 more centuries we have to do...ALONE!!! That is just lame...way to be a team player TJ...hmmmppffhhhh