Friday, October 10, 2008

TJ Gets Wet

After an eight week absence, TJ returned to a pool today. I got in 1500 meters in 30 minutes. I swam 3 x 500 meters. No drills... just freestyle. YMCA Silver Spring outdoor pool was the venue and it felt pretty good. I worked out a deal with the pool manager to use the pool about 6 times before I go to Florida. Believe it or not, Ironman Florida is three weeks from tomorrow.

Swimming in the pool gives me a different thought pattern than running or cycling. Although I have to count laps, I'm not looking at heart rate, cadence or watching out for scenery. This morning, I was thinking about the race and what my strategery would be on the course. This is still coming together, but I think I have a clue now how I'm going to do the course.

I rode my bike yesterday at lunch and was out at Hains Point with Mayor Adrian Fenty and his crew. They are stallions and I was doing all I could to hang on to their wheels. Then, a mechanical problem cut my ride short but fortunate I was able to take it over to Conte's and got it fixed in advance of my two rides this weekend.

Today at lunch... speed run with my running buddy from work.

No comments: