Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One Month

Ironman Florida is one month from today. The future is still unclear but I have faith that everything will come into full view soon. I'm planning to succeed. This was evident by my 15 mile run in 137 minutes this morning Average HR was 134. I went a little longer than I wanted but my running buddy, fully recovered from her nearly terminal illness (inside joke), took me on a little detour through the woods of Wheaton Regional Park. Then we beat feet up a couple of hills along Kemp Mill Road. It was joyful.

The first 50 minutes of the run I was alone and in the dark. I did bring my light with me today. There were other runners out there and you could see them by the various lighting configurations they had. I thought to myself that it was sort of like "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". All these celestial bodies passing each other with blinking, flashing and often colored lights. It made me smile.

1 comment:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Good luck!!! I know you can pull it off.