Got up early for the first time this week. Went to the YMCA for my Friday morning swim with a training buddy. She was a running a little late so I went in first. The pool is very peaceful in the morning. The lifeguard there did his first triathlon last week... Diamond in the Rough. He made a good time and is now signed up for DiamondMan. Another one hooked.
The swim was uneventful. I did 4 x 500 for a total swim of 2000 meters in about 46 minutes. My body still feels tired. I ran 10 miles on Wednesday in the hot and humid late afternoon. Probably not a good idea. Should have gone out for only an hour or so. I was toasted yesterday and didn't get any training in.
I'm glad I got the swim in and will lift weights at lunch today. Do some core work, too. Don't know what the weekend will bring but I should probably get back on the bike.
Check out what the training buddy rides to Friday morning swim sessions:
Here are some facts about me:
- I did my first Ironman after my 40th birthday and am now a five time Ironman.
- I have worked in one way or another with the Internet since 1993.
- I once ran for political office.
- I have been president of my citizens association and my local chamber of commerce.
- I have a 17 year old daughter
- I'm a Mac evangelist
- The first time I was in a bar... I was in the band.