Monday, July 21, 2008

Swim Team Banquet

I'm really proud of the Franklin Knolls swim team. My daughter made her first A meets this year and was a first place finisher in one of her meets. That was a first. The coaches were all great, all of the kids appear to have bright futures and the parents showed their commitment by volunteering and making sure it all happened. Even *I* manned the grill at a couple of meets and cooked for over 150 people in 90+ degree weather over a hot grill and did timing at a couple of meets.

But... golly gee... did the banquet have to be 5+ hours long? Last night, we were at Argyle Country Club from 5 pm to 10:15 pm. My opinion is that if a swim team banquet is longer than a high school graduation that there may be an issue with poor time management. Just my opinion...

No comments: