Saturday, July 26, 2008

Live Report from NJ Triathlon Race Site

This is cub reporter Tj Collins breaking news from the site of the 2008 New Jersey Triathlon. The lake is nice but warm. 86 degree water dictates that wet suits will not be worn during the swim. The bike course is flat, fast and relatively uneventful. Some corn fields and some residential areas. I'm happy to report that I did a test ride with newly minted Ironman Joe Coyne.

Prior to that, I had done a half hour loop and wouldn't you know it... I fell off my bike at the end of the ride. In full view of like thirty people. I had returned from the ride, was riding up to the pavilion where you check in... I was looking at the signs for my race number range (I'm #2401)... as I had taken my eye off the road surface I didn't see the pile of sand that made me come to a halt and fall to my left. I skinned my knee and laid on my back and laughed out loud.



Extremely large contingent of DC Tri Club members are present and on site already. I think a full 10% of the race participants will be DC Tri Club members. Pretty awesome.

No comments: